Advice & Assistance on Vocational Education and Training
The role of the Retail and Personal Services Training Council (RAPS Training Council) is to serve the Retail, Community Pharmacy, Hairdressing, Floristry, Beauty Therapy and Funeral Services industry sectors in relation to Vocational Education and Training. As the peak advisory body to the Government for these sectors some of our key tasks include:
- Providing quality advice and information to a range of people on the industries we represent including employers, employees, community, enterprise, industry, registered training organisations and government.
- Providing leadership to industry in matters associated with vocational education and training.
- Support, innovation & workforce development
- Provide advice to State & Commonwealth Government on training needs & priorities for public funding.
- Working with key industry organisations to identify current and future industry vocational education and training priorities.
- Facilitating the development and review of training packages in Western Australia.
- Providing advice and assistance to employers, employees and training organisations on the implementation of training packages within the RAPS Training Council coverage.